Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Well, I’ve been a little lax since my last update here. I’ve had one losing night and two winning ones since the last time I wrote. Two out of the three have been mere days (or hours) ago, though, so I guess I have done worse in the past. The first time, to which I can remember few details, other than a crushing hopeless feeling as I kept losing with good cards until my cards turned bad, and then I lost with those, too. I lost twenty dollars altogether at a variety of games. I won a couple medium-sized pots, but mostly it was just an exercise in futility. The last two times I’ve played however, I’ve won a lot. Friday night I won about three dollars while I was still sober, and then twenty more as I got more and more drunk. I don’t remember a lot of it, except for being endlessly patient, and playing for a long time, at the end of which ridiculous drama erupted. Last night I played again for a twenty-four dollar win, winning all but a dollar of the cash involved, but letting Rachel take her blank check back. Not that it was a gift, she just had enough chips left to cover it. I can’t take much credit for playing well, I just kept getting really good cards. I raised into a large bet that Cory made one time because I was pretty sure he was full of it, and got folded to, but called by Rachel while she was still on a draw. I also made one decent move against Nathan when I had been semi-bluffing all through, and let him think I was still trying to do that when I hit the straight on the river. He raised me all-in, more or less correctly and expectedly, and naturally I called. I played very aggressively when I had the cards, and I had the cards often. Poker was over right quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home