Saturday, August 20, 2005

I played poker with the Gabbard family last night. Anthony and I played four head-to-head tournaments, with zero gain either way. It's great practice playing head-to-head. In the past that's been a big weakness of mine, but I feel a lot better about it lately. We're supposed to possibly get into some ten dollar buy-in tournaments down in town later this evening, so maybe I will get some practice against some different opponents for some more interesting money. After the four tournaments and a quick game of chess, at which Anthony demolished me after I put up a good fight mid-game, Ramona joined us for slightly increased stakes. Anthony has been trying ot get Ramona to acknolwedge the fact of his existence while playing poker with her, and apparently wanted to put it to the test. I drew out a few times (they let me for cheap quite a bit), and I stole a few pots, and I was successful at winning both tournaments. After that Ramona went to bed, and Anthony and I hit Bugsy's Club Online. It was his money, and I don't want to elaborate, but let's just say between the two of us, we more than recuperated his losses to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home