Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm a little disappointed. I checked Caesar Indiana's website, and it appears that the lowest Holdem table they have available is 4-8. I will be cancelling my scheduled trip tomorrow evening, as those limits are too high for me to be able to handle the swings, or to play at all confidently. I thought that tournament the other day was risky because I started with 25 bets. In this case, I would be starting with about 12 or 13. That shortage of weapons would probably be enough to do me in. I think we may try to get a tournament going around here with a larger buy-in than what we have been having. It would sure be nice to get a $20 buy-in thing going again.Speaking of poker, I read some advice about playing poker that I think makes sense. It recommended that you start an account (preferably at a bank) where you deposit ten percent of every win you have at the poker table. If you lose, you don't put anything in there, but you never take anything at all out. That system was described as a pension plan for poker players, but I think it would work well for someone like me to build a nicer bankroll to play those 4-8 games sometime in the future. At the limits I have been playing, I could probably barely cover the bank's $6 a month account fee, but it would be worth just socking it away somewhere and pretending I don't have it, even when I'm dead broke. I could pull it out when it gets to some preset amount, say $500, and take it and start playing a few games with higher limits. I'm not saying I make five grand at the poker table in a short amount of time, but I could choose some higher percentage; half, for instance. I could probably put in $500 in a year or so. Then, assuming that all this low-limit practice has added up to something, I could start accelerating the level of winnings based on playing a higher stakes game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home