Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Here's the original discussion with Cory. I think the last note about Cory and Allison is still dead on, as far as time in the game is concerned, but Cory has improved somewhat to a -5 or maybe a hair better. He ended up leaving ten or fifteen dollars up on the night last night, by the way, even after playing really, really badly for most of the night.

I'll give you more of my opinion than I should here, but I'll give you my approximate scores for a game evaluation. Anything plus is a good game. And remember, this is in relation to me, and might be different for another player. I don't know Troy, but Nathan J is -5, Nathan W is -5, your are right at zero, Daylan is +10 (too bad he's short-stacked or he could be +30, too), Bob is +10, Cody is +5, Allison is zero, Larry is +15, Joe is +30, Anthony is -10, Ramona is +10 (so they equal out), Misty is +5 (being short-stacked), and Rachel is about +10. Obviously the higher the total, the better the game is going to be for me. However, I would point out that Tina is -10 (because she plays with my money) and The two Nathans usually only take money from the pot, and not directly from me, so I still don't think they are better than me. And Anthony is more like a -5 or a zero when he's broke, which has been the case lately, but when he has a stack to play he can be a -20 or worse.
Another note is that I am much more nervous going into a game that includes the two Nathans, Tina, and Anthony, and if that was the cast, I would actually refuse to play. I don't actually do all this math before a game, by the way, but I'm just putting numbers to nebulous concepts that do float through my mind. And before you berate me for giving you a zero rating, don't forget that I bragged on how good a player Allison is and I rated her the same as you. On the other hand, the later it is, the worse she gets, whereas you seem to get more stable as time goes by.
Maybe I spend too much time thinking about poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home